When I’m going to put my neck out here and assume you’re reading this post because you have decided to start your own online affiliate marketing business. Welcome!
It’s a great business to be in and yes, it requires a lot of work, but then so does any new business. If you have chosen the Wealthy Affiliate platform to build your business on, I’m sure you’re wondering; how long does it take to make money on Wealthy Affiliate? This post will attempt to answer that all important question for you.
How long does it take to make money on Wealthy Affiliate?
This is a difficult question to answer, as it depends on the effort you are prepared to put in; whether you follow the training program; and, the niche you decide to promote.
However, assuming you do follow and implement the training as set out on Wealthy Affiliate, your journey to building a sustainable online business could be similar to the example below:
- Months 1-2 – Are all about setting up your site, writing content, becoming indexed in google and putting in place the foundation of your business. Earning Potential: negligable
- Months 3-5 – By now you should have between 30-60 posts on your website and your content is getting ranked on google. You may have even made a few sales. Earning Potential: anywhere between $0 – $500 per month
- By 6 Months – By now you should have between 60-100 posts on your website and should be averaging 100 unique visitors to your website every day. You’ll start seeing more consistency with your sales. Earning Potential: $500+ per month
- After 1 Year – You should have around 150 posts on your website and be averaging 500+ unique visitors to your website every day. Earning Potential: $3000+ per month
- After 2 Years – With 200-300 posts on your site, your business should be thriving and Google recognizes your site as an authority in your niche. Earning Potential: $10000+ per month
- For a more detailed breakdown of the timeline and earning potential – check out this blog post on WA.
Note: the above example is based on the Wealthy Affiliate Bootcamp Model
It took me 3 months to make my first sale online. Here I am 15 years later full time online. If I quit in the first month I would have never gotten to experience of lifelong and very fruitful business online. There is something to be said about being patient and not expecting “instant” success in business.
Great Example, but what’s the reality?
As I mentioned, everyone is different and will achieve success at different rates, so below are some examples of other Wealthy Affiliate Members and their progress to date;
- $0 to $10 per month in three years – read more
- $3800 EUR in July and $1348 EUR this week! – read more
- 20 months with Wealthy Affiliate – how’s my website doing? – read more
- Earned $2536 yesterday from a Facebook Campaign! – read more
Do I have to promote Wealthy Affiliate to use the platform?
No! It is completely up to you whether you wish to promote Wealthy Affiliate, or simply utilize the training and the Wealthy Affiliate platform to promote a niche of your choosing.
There are a ton of Affiliate programs out there. Wealthy Affiliate can be used to promote virtually any product or service.
If I don’t promote Wealthy Affiliate, why would I join?
The Wealthy Affiliate platform is a complete solution for affiliate marketers.
Regardless of the product or service you promote, you’ll have access to all the tools you need to grow your online business including;
- A full training program which takes you through the logical steps to establish and grow your business
- Website Builder and Content Creation tools
- 2 free websites in the free subscription & up to 50 websites in the premium subscription
- Email and domain hosting
- Keyword Research tools
- Support from other members, including members blogs, forum and live chat
- Technical Support
- Analytics and much more
Building any business takes time and an investment on your part. Why would an online business be any different?
However, the great thing about affiliate marketing is that you can build your business at your pace and ultimately your success is in your own hands.
The reason why I love this business is that I learn something new every day. and I get to apply that learning to my own online business. I always loved writing & blogging, so it’s nice to have a way to make money from something I enjoy so much. Oh, and seeing the results of my work is a fantastic feeling!
Find out more
If you found this article interesting, I’d love to hear from you. If you’ve got a question – get in touch using the comments section below, or contact me at Wealthy Affiliate via my profile here.