Recently a close family member retired, achieving what was a huge milestone, after a busy and successful career.
But retirement doesn’t need to signal the end of a steady income stream. There’s a wealth of options from passive investments in bricks and mortar, using existing skills, or even learning a completely new skill to find ways online to make extra income during retirement.
If you’re in the category of retirees who can’t stop working, then read on.
So, just what are the best income opportunities for retirees online?
Here’s a few worth considering:
Share your knowledge
- Write that novel or memoir you’ve always talked about
- Write and sell ‘how to’ eBooks on Amazon
- Create a blog or website and monetize through google ad words, or a revenue earning model
- Become a freelance Tutor
- Affiliate marketer online
Develop a passion into an income stream
- Good with your hands? Create and sell your products online
- Photography? Sell your photos through stock photo sites
- Speak another language? How about offering translation services for businesses going global!
- Like Shopping? Buy and sell on eBay, TradeMe and other auction sites
- Are you a little arty? Perhaps you could turn your hand at Graphic Design
- Health and Well being? Maybe you could become a personal trainer or life coach to help others
Business / Coaching
- Event Planner or Manage a Project
- Mentor a new business or young entrepreneur
- Virtual Assistant or Customer Service from home
- Offer Specialized Consulting Services
- Secretarial, Bookkeeping Services, Resume writing
Actually, the possibilities in retirement are endless.
Retirement gives the retiree a chance to take stock and reset. Creating an online income for retirees is a way to learn a new set of skills. It’s also a chance to connect with a whole new group of virtual friends.
Getting Started Online
If you want to make extra income during retirement online, but don’t know where to start, I recommend some foundation training to get you on the right track. I’ve researched a number of supposed make money online training, and in my opinion, there’s one that is head and shoulders above the rest. It’s the Wealthy Affiliate (WA) Certification Course. Read my full review here.
Not only is the training amazing, they also have an incredible online community, which gives members a chance to bounce ideas off each other and get feedback. No matter who you are, or where you live, retirement doesn’t have to be a lonely place, especially if you are part of a vibrant, inclusive online community like Wealthy Affiliate.
Don’t take my word for it though. Wealthy Affiliate is completely free to join, so check them out for yourself.
Find out more
If you found this article interesting, I’d love to hear from you. If you’ve got a question – get in touch using the comments section below, or contact me at Wealthy Affiliate via my profile here.