What is search engine optimization (SEO)?
SEO relates to the activities undertaken to improve search engine rankings.
Simply put, it is the optimization of your website to include relevant words and phrases to what the website offers that your intended audience are searching for.
There are five key elements of ‘on page’ search engine optimization:
1. Content. The quality and length of your page or post content is a critical factor of how google and other search engines will rank you. Aim for between 1000-3000 words as a starting point. The longer your post, the better, as long as it is relevant and engaging for your readers.
2. Keywords. Keywords are terms that people typically type into a search engine to find stuff of interest to them on the internet. A keyword can be one word, but a long tail keyword is typical a short phrase or even a question like ‘How do I make xyz?.’ The trick with keywords is to find words and phrases that have high monthly searches, but low competition (eg: not too many other websites or website advertisements are targeting that exact keyword). If you find a ‘high traffic/low competition’ keyword relevant to your niche, this is referred to as ‘a low hanging fruit keyword’ and should absolutely be used as part of your marketing and website traffic strategy.
3. Images. Posts and pages with images make for much more interesting content for the reader. You can also use SEO techniques within the image itself to further optimize your content for search engines. It’s well worth learning the techniques of how to use keywords in the picture file name, description and alt description to maximize the search-ability of your pages.
5. Use of meta tags. Using keywords in your meta tags, title and description is also critical to SEO. Not only do they make your comment much easier for search engines to find, these are often the snippets of information that display when your pages appear in search engine results. So make sure they accurately reflect your content and entice people to click through to your website.
5. Comments. When a website is regularly receiving comments, it tells search engines like Google, that your website has something that people are looking for and find value. Don’t underestimate the power of comments and the effect they will have on your SEO.
Why is SEO important for your online success?
The more relevant and authoritative your website is, the better it will rank in google.
Did you know…
When people search for a phrase or term on google, they often don’t look beyond the first or second pages of the search engine results?
Given that there can be literally hundreds of thousands of websites for any one niche, it is critical that your website is properly search engine optimized to have a fighting chance to be found among the sea of information that is now our internet.
If your intended audience cannot find you when they are looking, you are seriously limiting your chance of success.
Jaaxy is one of the most advanced and powerful platforms in the world for managing all aspects of keyword, website, competition, domain name and market research. It was designed by affiliate marketers for affiliate marketers, so the features are extremely powerful and useful for really understanding the niche you are working in and the competition that exists within that niche.
It is super easy to use, and even better, you can join for free and try all the features with 30 free keyword searches.
- Pricing Options:
- Starter Trial option which gives you 30 free keyword searches and access to try the other features of Jaaxy
- Pro Plan $49 per month (suits most new websites)
- Enterprise Plan $99 per month for ‘power’ users
- Read my Jaaxy Product Review here
- Additional reading:
Give Jaaxy Keyword tool a try below and see for yourself…
If you’re looking for a quality keyword research tool what I’m about to share with you is extremely important…
Did you know: Jaaxy is offered as a standalone product or bundled as part of the Wealthy Affiliate offering!
That’s right… As a Wealthy Affiliate (WA) premium subscriber, I have access to unlimited Jaaxy keyword searches as part of my WA membership. This represents a huge monthly saving to me, but also is of huge value to my online business. Jaaxy is also integrated into the WA platform which means I don’t even need to log into a separate website to access my keyword research tools.
Why pay a monthly subscription on only one product when you can have access to two for the same price?
Does Jaaxy have an affiliate program?
YES. Jaaxy offers recurring commissions under its affiliate program. You can also earn commissions for domain name sales. Jaaxy also has a feature built in where you can search keywords and find other affiliate products to sell related to your niche across platforms like ClickBank, Commission Junction (CJ), Link Share and Digital River. This is a super time saver for any serious affiliate marketer.
Google Keyword Planner
Within the Google AdWords platform, Google also offer a Keyword planner and research tool. This is completely free to use. To access it you will need to register for and login in to Google AdWords.
The Keyword planner is less intuitive to use than Jaaxy, and the information returned about keywords is limited to average monthly searches, competition and AdWord related bidding data.
I prefer to use Jaaxy, however this as is a free keyword tool which is popular by many, I’ve included it in the Online Marketers Toolbox.
- Google Keyword Planner
- Pricing Options: FREE
Does Google Keyword Planner have an affiliate program?
This post contains referral links which means that if you purchase from one of my links, I will receive a small percentage of the sale. “Basically, if you buy through my website, I might get some pocket money, but not enough for Jimmy Choos.”